EMX takes security very seriously. You should follow these steps to ensure maximum security for your EMX Account.
1. When setting up your password, use a unique, strong 12-character password (not used for any other services). Combine upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
2. Activate multi-factor authentication on your EMX account.
3. Store multi-factor authentication keys and back up your information offline. Do NOT store a copy of the secret in your email inbox, cloud storage, your hard drive, or mobile phone. It is highly suggested for you to make a copy of the secret or print a copy of the QR code provided during multi-factor authentication setup and store it in a safe place.
4. When trading on EMX, always check the URL in your web browser. Make sure you are trading on trade.emx.com.
5. Run regular anti-virus and anti-malware scans, and update your software frequently.
7. Never, ever share your password or API keys, especially with people claiming to be EMX staff. We will never ask you for these.
8. Avoid revealing your EMX account email and details on any public EMX channels.