Below you will find instructions for the EMX.com identity verification process. To fund an account and trade on EMX, you will need to pass these steps.
Follow the steps closely to verify your identity so you can deposit Bitcoin and begin trading on EMX.
To trade on EMX, you will need to verify your identity and complete our KYC process. Here’s how:
1. Prepare your identifying documents. You will need a government-issued ID (e.g. passport or driver’s license) — with a photo of you on it— and a device with a camera.
2. In your Account Settings, under the Security section, click Verify.
3. Click “I’m not a robot” and continue.
4. Choose your issuing country. Select the country that matches what’s on your identifying documents. If you are from the United States, you will not be able to continue the KYC process.
5. Select ID type. Pick the ID type you have prepared; it can be a passport, national identity card or driver’s license. Voter's Registration cards will NOT be accepted.
6. Choose how you want to submit your ID. You can upload a digital photo of your ID to continue. If you don’t have a digital photo of your ID, you can capture one with your device’s camera. However, this is less recommended.
7. If you are uploading digital photos of your ID and selfie, click “choose file” to start your upload and confirm it. Make sure the pictures are of good quality, not too light or too dark, and all the data is visible clearly.
8. If you are taking a photo of your ID with your device’s camera, click “capture image with your device camera.”
If you use a passport, you should provide only the front side — the page with your passport number, your photo, full name, date of birth, etc.
If you use documents like your national ID, the process will request snapshots of both sides of the document.
9. If you’re using a device camera, you also need to take a selfie. Check to see that your face is visible on the screen, then click “Confirm” to continue. If you don’t like your selfie, click “Capture new image.”
10. You will see your KYC outcome after submission. Upon submitting, you will see one of the three status types below:
Successful — Congratulations! You have passed our KYC and please stay tuned for next steps.
Pending — We need to do further investigation and you will get notified once we update your KYC status. You may need to log out and log back in for your KYC status to update.
Failed — Your submission has not passed verification. You may be granted the ability to try again (if so, you’ll see a “Retry” button), but if not you’ll need to email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
If you see a tooltip icon next to the “Failed” status, hover your mouse over it to see additional information regarding the failure.
I keep failing my attempts.
- Make sure the photo is clear, without any part of your ID or face being obstructed or covered.
- Take the photos again. The photos must be in color and they must not be photos of a screen or professional “headshots”.
- Please make sure all details and photos are accurate and clear. Some types of failed submissions will be manually reviewed by our compliance team. Manual verification can take up to 1–3 business days before you receive an email with the final status.
The submission page isn’t loading.
- Refresh the KYC submission page again (CTRL+R)
Status still says “Pending.”
- The verification process can take up to a few days. Wait a bit, log out and log back into EMX to check your status.
My photo won’t upload.
- Please make sure the size of the pictures you submitted do not exceed the 20 MB limit.
Oops! I made a mistake during the process.
- It’s OK. Just wait till your submission is rejected and fill it out again.
Why should I trust your KYC system? Is it secure?