Here are the 5 steps for placing a new order using Order Entry:
- Select the contract - simply click on the contract symbol you want to trade in the watchlist and the Order Entry will automatically populate with the contract
- Choose the order type - click on the order type you would like to use
- Enter the trade size - define either the quantity of contracts or the US dollar notional value to determine the size of the trade
- Specify your order price - if using a price order, such as a limit or stop, enter the price at which you want to place the order. If using a market order, no price needs to be entered.
- Choose to buy or sell - click on the buy or sell button to submit the order