As a Software Engineer at EMX, you’ll be responsible for designing and implementing systems and applications that bring EMX to life. Building a new exchange and clearing house is a massive undertaking. Engineering at EverMarkets is as much about developing reliable, performant systems as it is about crafting a beautiful and intuitive user-experience to introduce derivatives trading to the world outside traditional financial institutions.
We aim to strike a balance between being pragmatic (getting our code in trader’s hands) and being strict about the application of our engineering team’s strong core principles. Engineers at EMX are a crucial part part of a world-class team of experienced product managers, quants, and traders building the future of derivatives trading.
- Design, implement, and maintain backend systems and frontend applications that power EMX’s exchange, clearing house, and API suite
- Build an efficient and secure foundation to fuel future product innovation during a critical growth period for the company
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, product, design, marketing, and community
- Strategize with product to design and build systems and applications that delight a generation of traders new to financial derivatives
- 3+ years of software engineering (or related) experience
- Experience building and maintaining distributed systems in production
- Significant experience (depth) in backend, frontend, mobile, or quantitative development with an interest in working on all aspects (breadth) of a modern engineering stack
- Understanding of or strong passion to learn:
- Blockchain technology (Ethereum)
- Financial concepts (trading, derivatives)
- Eager to improve the crypto ecosystem
- $125k – $185k
- 0.1% – 1.0%